Can you guess which two they are?
California is where innovation and excellent weather meet. Which are both represented in the two neighborhoods on this list. It isn't surprising that two neighborhoods in California take up nine slots on the list of the best neighborhoods to live in the United States.
Californians are always coming up with the next forward-thinking innovation or idea that eventually drags the whole country in the same direction, sometimes kicking and screaming, acclimating the rest of the nation to the times. California is home to the internet, the electric guitar, and the first gay rights movement at Silver Lake's Black Cat Tavern a full two years before the Stonewall riots in New York.
No wonder two neighborhoods, Santa Monica and Palo Alto, take nine spots on the top 20 best neighborhoods in the United States. I've lived in both Northern and Southern California, and honestly, I can't choose between the two. Both parts of the state are beautiful and diverse. Both have great cities to eat in. Southern California's weather has a bit of an edge over the weather in Northern California but there is no city more beautiful than San Francisco.
So, it's a toss-up.
Below are the top 20 best neighborhoods ranked by Niche. They all receive an A+ Ranking. Niche bases their research on specific criteria like:
- Quality of schools
- Crime rates
- Cost of living
- Housing trends
- Employment statistics
- Local amenities
- Good for families
Here is the complete list of the 2021 Best Neighborhoods to Live in America:
- City Center - Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA
- Ocean Park - Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA
- Cottonwood Creek South - Neighborhood in Richardson TX
- Bluemont - Neighborhood in Arlington, VA
- Hyde Park, Spanishtown Creek - Neighborhood in Tampa, FL
- Radnor/Fort Myer Heights - Neighborhood in Arlington, VA
- Broadmoor - Broadway - Neighborhood in Tucson, AZ
- Harbour Island - Neighborhood in Tampa, FL
- Sammamish Valley - Neighborhood in Redmond, WA
- Mid-City - Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA
- Ventura - Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA
- University South - Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA
- Wilshire/Montana - Neighborhood in Santa Monica, CA
- Beverly Estates - Neighborhood in Overland Park, KS
- Ballston/Virginia Square - Neighborhood in Arlington VA
- Presidio of San Francisco - Neighborhood in San Francico, CA
- Old Palo Alto - Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA
- Downtown North - Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA
- The Port - Neighborhood in Cambridge, MA
- College Terrace - Neighborhood in Palo Alto, CA
Do you live in California? Does this ring true to you? If not, tell us about your community and why you think it is the best place to live.
This is original content from NewsBreak’s Creator Program. Join today to publish and share your own content.